Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hello world!

I started this blog on a whim. About 10 minutes ago.
That's the wonderful thing about the internet, isn't it? Ten minutes of research and filling forms and voila! You're speaking to the whole world!
So, world, here I am.

This is a place for me to talk about what I'm doing to save pennies and nickels and dimes to help my family continue to live with plumbing indoors and clothes on our backs. I'm a stay at home mom, my amazing husband works to bring home the bacon and my son (ten months old tomorrow) is the light of my life and mostly the reason I do the things I do. Though not always for the reasons you're probably thinking.
This is also a place for me to talk about my contentment and intention. I believe time is too often wasted and minutes are more precious than gold. Sowing time and effort into intentional and simple living reaps time and memories often lost in the hustle of the American Dream. I also believe in being debt free and living within your means. I believe contentment is the best exit from over-consumerism and financial crises. I believe in God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I know He gives me the strength to face any hardship and I praise him for that. I could not exist on this planet except for the grace and love He showers on me every day.

I am going to post a few times a week. I'll post homemade recipes I've concocted or tested, thoughts I've had on homemaking, processes I've developed to help me manage life's details, pictures if I feel like it and really anything I want because this is my blog.

Welcome. I can't wait to do this again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment